We leave for Zambia in just 11 weeks...
So, here are some facts about our trip:
- We will be gone for 56 days total
- We will be traveling with a 2 and a 5 year old
- The ZVG academy, where we will be working, has nearly 300 students, but only 5 teachers
- We have goals to set up computer labs and sewing labs, offering classes to students and their families
- Sylvester has 5 brothers, 4 sisters, 20 nieces, and 16 nephews that all live in Zambia.
- We spend most of our free time away from the school at the house that Sly built for his late mother. Most of his family lives together in this house. There is only an outhouse, no running water indoors, no fridge, and no working stove.
- His family shows each other more love and compassion than anyone I've ever met.
and some facts about what it will take to make this trip happen:
- Our 4 plane tickets alone have used up more than half of our budget
- Our lodging will take up 1/3 of the remaining budget even though it's just one room
- Ground transportation will take up another 1/3. We walk during the day if it's less than 3 miles but more than that, or after dark, we must hire a taxi. It's $40 to hire a taxi just to get us to and from the school each day.
Most Important fact: We need your help
Have only $1 to give? We will happily take it! Have 100 friends that might give $1 each, please share our story! Every dollar helps and honestly, as hard as it is to ask, we need it.
If you would like to make a donation towards our trip...
click here to make an online donation
click here to email me on info on where to send a donation